GiveNOLA Day 2019!
May 7 @ 12:00 am - 11:30 pm
Now in it’s 6th year, GiveNOLA Day is a 24-hour event hosted by the Greater New Orleans Foundation to inspire people to give generously to nonprofits making our region stronger, creating a thriving community for all!
Annually, New Orleans City Park must raise 90% of its operating budget which leaves little to no resources for park capital improvements. Friends of City Park is vital and important to the Park’s growth. Over the years, Friends has given millions of dollars to City Park for capital improvements.
Friends of City Park has been instrumental in projects such as:
– Marconi Drive Bike Path
– Pavilion of the Two Sisters
– Bayou Oaks Golf Pavilion
– The Conservatory of the Two Sisters
– Arbor Room at Popp Fountain
– NOLA City Bark, New Orleans’ first official dog park
– City Putt
– New entrance to the Botanical Garden and Storyland
Friends has also helped by:
– Purchasing Amusement Park rides and Storyland exhibits
– Buying new maintenance department tractors and equipment
– Refurbishing the Peristyle and Historic Wooden Carousel
– Completion and installation of the new Ladybug Rollercoaster
To celebrate this giving day we are hosting an AMUSEMENT PARK PARTY!
When: Tuesday, May 7 from 3:30 – 7:30 PM
Where: Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
What: Unlimited select rides and tickets for refreshments (including beer from Urban South Brewery!)
Who: Anyone who donates a minimum $10 to our GiveNOLA Day campaign page
How: Online credit card donations here! Pre-pledge from May 1 – May 6 or on GiveNOLA Day May 7!