We all look forward to this time of year, when the crawfish are boiling, the sun is shining, and the City Park wildflowers are in bloom. Many of us have given into the temptation of trying to capture their colorful display on our smartphones, but Friends of City Park would like to offer something better in appreciation for our members.
To celebrate this beloved time of year, Friends of City Park has partnered with Riverview Photography to offer Photos in a Flash, a members-exclusive event born out of the popularity of City Park’s wildflower season. In May, the flower fields adjacent to the City Park Administration Building will be teaming with orange, yellow, pink, and purple as the wildflowers bloom and drive droves of people to take photos of the beautiful sight. But, this year, Photos in a Flash will give our members the opportunity to take professional photos in the flower fields for FREE! Just sign up, gussy up, and show up.
How to claim your FREE Photos in a Flash membership perk: Photos in a Flash will be a 2-day member event on Friday, May 21 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm, and Saturday, May 22 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm. You must pre-register for a session prior to the event, walk-ups will not be accommodated. Please arrive ahead of your appointment time, as each “Photos in a Flash” session will last a maximum of 3 minutes.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Only current members can register and participate in this perk
- If you are not a current member, Renew your membership HERE or Join HERE
- Pre-register for the event and choose your arrival time HERE.
- Only one reservation per membership account will be accepted.
- We are unable to accommodate groups of more than 8 people.
- Your registration must be made under the name of either the primary or secondary cardholder on the Friends of City Park membership account.
- Please add your Member # under the “Member #” field on your online registration (found under the expiration date on your card; Not Required).
- If you are a new member and have not received your cards, write NEW in this field when registering.
- On the day of the event, check in at the Friends of City Park registration table on Beau Bassich Circle, New Orleans, LA 70124 (where Roosevelt Mall meets Marconi Dr.)
- Upon arrival, present your current membership card or new/renewal membership confirmation along with your “Photos in a Flash” registration confirmation (both printed and digital versions will be accepted).
- Your Photos in a Flash session will last approximately 3 minutes, so please arrive 10 minutes prior to your session.
- Photos will be uploaded to a public gallery in a high-resolution, downloadable, digital format with Friends of City Park branding following the sessions on Monday, May 24.
- You will have the option of purchasing additional prints and products without our branding from Monday, May 24 through Wednesday, June 30.
- More details for accessing your photos will be provided on-site and on the Friends of City Park website.
- Friends of City Park has made as many time slots available for our members as safety and comfort (for both our guests and our staff) will allow during this 2-day event.
- In the event of rain, this event will be canceled and rescheduled based on availability.
- We will not accept change requests for appointment times, and strict arrival times will be kept.
- If you do not arrive within your reserved window of time, you forfeit your right to this free offer. Walk-ups will not be honored.
- Please contact email@example.com to cancel your registration.
- If you are planning your own professional photo session in the Park, outside of the “Photos in a Flash” membership event, please know that a $50 permit fee per session is required. Click HERE for more information on City Park’s permitting policies.