Tours will run three times a day, Friday – Sunday, at 11:00AM, 1:30PM, 4:00PM.*
- The train departs the station at 11:00AM, 1:30PM, and 4:00PM sharp. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour departs. In the event you miss your train, you may transfer your ticket to an alternate tour, within 24 hours and subject to availability. Refunds will not be issued.
- Tickets will be purchased and admission will be at the Visitor Center/Oscar J. Tolmas Center (5 Victory Drive).
- Seating is general admission and is on a first come, first serve basis.
- The Train Tour runs approx. 45 minutes – 55 minutes and guests will not be able to depart the train once the tour has begun.
- Children under 48” must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Historical Musical Train Tour ticket purchase includes admission into the Amusement Park and Storyland. Train Tour tickets do not include additional train rides or Amusement Park rides.
- In the event of rain and the tour is cancelled, ticket holders may transfer their ticket(s) to an alternate date and/or time, subject to availability. If they are not available to attend an alternate date, tickets may be refunded.
- This tour allows accommodations for one Guest to remain in their wheelchair or Electric Conveyance Vehicle (ECV) during the experience.
Train Tour Prices:
Friday – Sunday; May 11 – November 2018
• $20 General Ticket
• $16 Friends of City Park Member Ticket
• Children 36 months and under receive free ticket but must be booked in advance.
*Times and days are subject to change.
Click the date and select the time you would like to attend below! Keep scrolling for Opening weekend and additional weekends.
ABOUT FOCP CITY PEEK PROGRAM: In 2013, Friends of City Park began leading educational City Peek Tours throughout the Park in order to expose members and Park visitors to areas that they may not have access to or knowledge about. These efforts began and continue to help educate the general population of the importance and beauty of New Orleans City Park.
It is our goal for the program to be informative and visually engaging. It should reflect the values and personality of Friends of City Park and give people an understanding of the culture, history, and importance of City Park, while keeping audience members of all ages entertained through artistic, educational, and entertaining tours.
Launching in 2018, a new tour, Friends of City Park’s Historical Musical Train Tour, will take the audience on a journey through the Park on its miniature train that covers two miles. During this tour, three tour guides will perform educational songs and dialogue about the history of the Park, from the history of Bayou Metairie, the Works Progress Administration (WPA), to the education of Live Oak trees.
In conjunction with the musical train tour, it is FOCP’s goal to integrate smaller walking tours throughout the year led by qualified tour guides who have the knowledge to extend informative tours about different areas of the Park and how these areas impact our community.